There is a heatwave in Europe
In the Black Forest are 35 degrees Celsius.
Separated by the Channel, us here in England have it very pleasant with 21 degrees.
Only Saturday will be hot with 29 degrees, then back to 21.
Thinking of you, all my friends who are in this heat,
Do stay safe and keep cool!
Some tips to help in this heat.
- Shut windows and pull down the shades when it is hotter outside. You can open the windows for ventilation when it is cooler.
- Avoid the heat: stay out of the sun and don’t go out between 11am and 3pm (the hottest part of the day) if you’re vulnerable to the effects of heat.
- Keep rooms cool by using shades or reflective material outside the windows. If this isn’t possible, use light-coloured curtains and keep them closed (metallic blinds and dark curtains can make the room hotter).
- Have cool baths or showers, and splash yourself with cool water.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid excess alcohol – water, lower-fat milks and tea and coffee are good options. You can also drink fruit juice, smoothies and soft drinks, but they can be high in sugar. Limit fruit juice or smoothies to a combined total of 150ml a day, and choose diet or sugar-free soft drinks.
- Listen to alerts on the radio, TV and social media about keeping cool.
- Plan ahead to make sure you have enough supplies, such as food, water and any medications you need.
- Identify the coolest room in the house so you know where to go to keep cool.
- Wear loose, cool clothing, and a hat and sunglasses if you go outdoors.
- Check up on friends, relatives and neighbours who may be less able to look after themselves.
Sending you cool thoughts, love
and some Iced tea!
Another day we went sailing….. to China… to get some tea.
… we visited an English tea clipper the Cutty Sark from 1869.
I think my mum did already mention it in a blog post before but now we went inside this big Sailing ship.
It was amazing!
There were Tea chests, many ropes, and I had so much fun exploring the ship!
We could also walk underneath the ship, as it is all newly restored….. that was a view!
Definitely worth a visit!
When you come to London, I can take you there!
While we are talking ships….. my mum wanted to put more pictures from the second day of the festival on…. she did have more fun and more fireworks. She enjoyed it so much !
As it is my birthday today, I had the idea of following RoSy’s idea and jot things down which I love and come to my mind right now.
Well I am not a teenager anymore and it is hard to think of 53 things so I went for 13 things as it is my birthdate.
Here we are!
Palm trees with a Hammock
Here the proof that I have grown up!
I guess I changed a little…….
Please help yourself to some sandwiches and tea and we can celebrate my birthday together!
This is the plant I bought for the office to bring a bit of colour and spring feeling in.
I had some great choices to make for breakfast:
which tea…. Rise and Shine or Cloud 9
Wishing you all a fabulous wonderful restful Sunday!
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
We had a sunny, warm day!
So London here I come!
I met friends and after a wonderful lunch by the River Thames we went to the cable car.
Yes, London has no mountains but a cable car.
It goes over the Thames and in the sunshine we had a lovely view.
You can see the Dome, the River Thames and a lot further.
Afterwards I had tea with my friends in their back garden in the sunshine.
Friends are so valuable.
Never forget how priceless they are,
they are with you in need,
they are with you to laugh
they are always there for you.
Be thankful !
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
I am thanking all my friends for being there for me, always!
Have an awesome day!