As you all know I love my dancing.
we are preparing for an Exam in March,
and I am learning 3 Tap dances for that.
On our last session this week I got my second dance mistake free.
Yes, I nailed that one.
That made me smile and soooo happy!
…and there is always a lot to smile!
This was brought through Trent‘s blog
The cat in the hat…… ?
no .. in the drawer…
…that made me smile !
Thomas makes us smile often,
he finds so many cosy places to relax.
This smile was brought to you via Trent’s weekly smile.
Is it not wonderful to smile so much?
There is a picture on my computer (when it goes to sleep)
and it changes every second day or so.
There are amazing pictures of nature, famous sites, animals etc.
The picture this week made me smile.
I do love sloths and this one has
a sweet smile too.
Here are some interesting fun facts about sloths:
- Sloths have a four-part stomach that very slowly digests the tough leaves they eat, it can sometimes take up to a month for them to digest a meal. Digesting this diet means a sloth has very little energy left to move around making it one of the slowest moving animals in the world.
- Sloths can move along the ground at just 2 m (6.5 ft) per minute! In the trees they are slightly quicker at 3 m (10 ft) per minute.
- Sloths can extend their tongues 10 to 12 inches out of their mouths.
- The sloth has very long, sharp, and strong claws that they use to hold on to tree branches. The claws are also their only natural defense against predators.
- Sloths usually only leave the tree they live in to go to the toilet once a week on the ground. This is when they are most vulnerable to being attacked by their main predators such as jaguars, the harpy eagle and snakes.
- Two-toed sloths are nocturnal, being most active at night. While three-toed sloths are diurnal which means they are most active during the day.
- It used to be thought sloths slept for 15 to 20 hours a day. However, its now believed they only sleep around 10 hours a day.
My most favourite sloth is though
Sid the sloth from Ice Age
such a fun, smiley, positive guy
who can resist his smile…. ?
Yes we have been to Iceland, a most beautiful country with an amazing scenery.
See for yourself.
Just enjoy the tranquility,
the warmth of the hot tub and springs and natural beauty!
The Continental rift, Thingvellir
Fontana Hot spring in Laugarvatn
Spring has truly sprung and is giving us all a spring in our steps.
I have been visiting my mum and on our walks we saw the most colourful flower displays in the parks. It is warmer and the sun is shining.
Isn’t this just beautiful,
sit with me….
…. stay a while and soak it all in….
… take a deep breath,
smell the Spring air…
and feast your eyes and your senses…
It is wonderful to rest a bit and enjoy the warm sunshine
seeing everything springing to life.
Look what someone did in their front garden.
What a lovely idea!
Today just a bit of rest and enjoyment for heart and soul!
Have a colourful and sunny day in your heart and all around you!
☼☼☼ Hugs ☼☼☼