English is not my native language but I have almost mastered it, still the odd mistakes creeping in. 🙂
I love the English language it sounds warm and soft to me, unlike the hard sounding German language , my mother tongue.
There are some words in the English language which I cannot properly translate and they are such beautiful words:
Cherish– a wonderful word with a wonderful meaning –
1. To treat with affection and tenderness; hold dear: cherish one’s family;
2. To keep fondly in mind; cherish a memory.
Appreciate – another great word and I love the meaning –
1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: appreciated their freedom.
2. To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize: I appreciate your problems.
3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: I really appreciate your help.
4. To admire greatly; value.
5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
Then there are the funny sounding words like fuzzy or furry.
They sound exactly what they mean like an onomatapoeia.
I put this on my bedroom door haha