There is a heatwave in Europe
In the Black Forest are 35 degrees Celsius.
Separated by the Channel, us here in England have it very pleasant with 21 degrees.
Only Saturday will be hot with 29 degrees, then back to 21.
Thinking of you, all my friends who are in this heat,
Do stay safe and keep cool!
Some tips to help in this heat.
- Shut windows and pull down the shades when it is hotter outside. You can open the windows for ventilation when it is cooler.
- Avoid the heat: stay out of the sun and don’t go out between 11am and 3pm (the hottest part of the day) if you’re vulnerable to the effects of heat.
- Keep rooms cool by using shades or reflective material outside the windows. If this isn’t possible, use light-coloured curtains and keep them closed (metallic blinds and dark curtains can make the room hotter).
- Have cool baths or showers, and splash yourself with cool water.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid excess alcohol – water, lower-fat milks and tea and coffee are good options. You can also drink fruit juice, smoothies and soft drinks, but they can be high in sugar. Limit fruit juice or smoothies to a combined total of 150ml a day, and choose diet or sugar-free soft drinks.
- Listen to alerts on the radio, TV and social media about keeping cool.
- Plan ahead to make sure you have enough supplies, such as food, water and any medications you need.
- Identify the coolest room in the house so you know where to go to keep cool.
- Wear loose, cool clothing, and a hat and sunglasses if you go outdoors.
- Check up on friends, relatives and neighbours who may be less able to look after themselves.
Sending you cool thoughts, love
and some Iced tea!
My blog is 7 years old and I am sort of archiving my old posts
onto another wordpress site as I don’t really want to lose any.
(not sure though if that is really necessary)
I just cut and paste so I don’t need space for pictures on that.
Looking through old posts and bloggers who followed is nice but also makes me sad.
Some have gone to heaven, may they rest in peace, they are not forgotten.
Some have just stopped blogging for an unknown reason,
some closed their blog, it does not even exist at all,
some made their blog private.
I enjoy blogging very much,
it makes me happy,
and if I can reach even one person who likes a bit of my posts,
I am happy.
I don’t always have time to read all blog posts I like .
I have made amazing friends all over the world, met some of you
and I will try to meet more of you personally.
To all my blogging friends
a super BIG THANK YOU
You don’t know how much you mean to me.
You have enriched my world in those last 7 years,
you have made me laugh, cry, think.
I learnt from you, you inspired me, you supported me
and showed me what a wonderful world it is
with you in it.
There is so much love and kindness out there
and we need to spread it as much as possible.
People need love, hugs, appreciation, kindness, peace, praise,
understanding and self esteem.
Let’s keep it going.
I feel truly blessed with all of you around me.
Love you all!