I was recently nominated for the Shine On award by Sandra from quirkybooks.
I am extremely happy with this award as it reflects exactly what I like to do,
shine through to other bloggers, so the beam can be seen on their faces.
Thank you very much for nominating me, I am honoured and truly appreciate it.
As always, with any award, there are rules to follow, so here they are:
1.) Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post. Done.
2.) Add the award logo to your blog. Done.
3.) Share 7 things about yourself. See the questions
4.) Nominate 5 – 10 or so bloggers you admire.
Here I go: My shining bloggers are
5.) Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know. Will do.
6.) Optional questions – Here are 7 from Sandra which I will answer below.
- Who is your favourite author?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What makes you happy?
- What are your wisest words?
- What is your favourite insect and why?
- If you could choose any words to be your last, what would they be?
- I prefer literature, I love reading preferably historic novels.
- My favourite film is ice age, I love the characters,(especially Sid the sloth) , the fun, the story behind it. I love it as it is great film about friendship.
- I love reading to a child, I always read my children bedtime stories and they loved them.
- Seeing and making other people happy,
- I don’t think I ever spoke wise words……
- My favourite insect is a bee, as it is always busy and I love honey!
- Live for the moment, be grateful and make it a happy life.
I will not post 7 questions so when accepting this award write 7 things about you on here.
While we are shining, here we go …..more stars,
no a shower of stars!
I am humbled and honoured about all these nominations, you are wonderful to think of ! You are stars!
Thanks to Mahogany I can colour the 3rd star in now! I am extremely happy to add another star on this. Yippee!
And one more with a big thank you to myownheart.me / Lenwilliamscarver who added yet one more star to it. Thank you so much and also for your wonderful kind words.
And….while I am writing this – another star, wow they are all coming in. Thank you so much my friend Amae for nominating me.
This means I am on 5 stars, what an honour!
Again the ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are give
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
So I like to pass it on to a small selection: every blog is fantastic in it’s own way.
Congratulations to the nominees and enjoy !