Kindness is the act or the state of being kind, being marked by good and charitable behaviour, pleasant disposition and concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. (Wikipedia)
Did you ever notice these days that everybody is in a hurry? In the car, people hoot the tooters when you don’t go the split second when the lights turn green. Yes everybody has a busy schedule with work, children, shopping and all other things life throws at you. But that is not an excuse for ignoring kindness. Kindness makes life happier for everybody.
Kindness spreads, be kind to someone and they will be kind to others, because it is a wonderful warm feeling, when you experience kindness from others.
Why don’t you try to let the person behind you in the checkout queue go in front as they have less items than you. You can make someone very happy with just this little gesture.
- Tell someone that they are valued and amazing! A compliment…A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,””You did a super job, “Or “That was a wonderful meal” can make some one’s day.
- Smile at someone!
- Listen to someone attentively. No interrupting, no daydreaming,
- No planning your response, no advising. Just listening.
- Write a traditional letter, a nice postcard to someone or just a written note…It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a brief, handwritten note which may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
- The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone. Really, it’s not that hard to say, Hello or Thank You.
- Every day, go out of your way to make someone’s day. Appreciate, encourage, do something nice and kind.
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” Mother Teresa
A kind word is like a Spring day. ~Russian Proverb
We live in a society where the little things we do often get overlooked and it has a way of making us believe that those things don’t matter. They do. Compassion, understanding, small acts of kindness, or a willingness to simply reach out to others in any way can all make a huge difference.
1. Kindness. Be kind to every person they meet because you never know what someone else could be going through
2. Thoughtfulness. Taking the time to let someone know that you’re thinking about them can bring light to their life whenever they may have trouble finding it.
3. Attention. You can make a difference in someone’s life or simply make someone’s day by listening to them with an open mind and an open heart
4. Gratitude. If someone means a lot to you or has made some sort of positive difference in your life, it is so important to tell them. Tell them today
5. Vulnerability. This is a huge connecting factor. Relationships can start by being open and honest, being comfortable enough to show who you really are.
Tell a loved one, that you love them.
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back, and handholds, Let these small actions demonstrate the LOVE you have for family and friends.
Laughter…Share jokes. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.